Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Irish American Story on Skinny and Houli Show

The press is starting to pick up on my book, The Brown and White.  It has taken a while! I wanted to re-post information on my appearance on the Skinny and Houli Radio Show. 

Skinny and Houli
Mike Houlihan's booming voice shook the rafters as we began the show the Skinny and Houli Radio Show  in Chicago.  Houli and Skinny were the consummates hosts and encouraging as things went along. 

Listen to the Podcast

I was having a media event for The Brown and White, my fictionalized memoir of my freshman high school days.  The story takes place in 1967-1968 during the Vietnam War, Chicago's historic neighborhood changes, the changes in the Catholic Church from Vatican II, and the assassination of Martin Luther King.  It was a time of turmoil. Yet, the theme of the book is one of growth that I hope in a funny kind of human way pays homage to my family, my teachers, and friends. The book brings back a lot of memories for readers who will no doubt think of their own experiences as they read it.

It was a great experience to be on the Skinny and Houli Show. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See story in the Chicago Catholic. Listen to a conversation about the book on the Skinny and Houli Podcast with Norris--begins after the first Skinny and Houli dialogue. Norris was also interviewed on Catholic TV for broadcast in the future. Book signing are upcoming as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment